Many of you are currently working on a 2030 climate plan that will start soon. But how do you add such a new plan to FPC? What about new measures? What about ongoing measures? You will learn it all step by step below. 👇🤩
Your new climate plan probably consists of:
- New measures (and actions): new mitigation measures and adaptation measures.
- Existing measures: measures from your current climate plan that will be continued.
What should you be able to do with this new climate plan?
- Structure measures in your own way
- Filter on the measures (and actions) of your new plan
- Gaining insight into the measures and their impact
- Report on the measures (and actions) of your new plan
Build your climate plan step by step
1. Build a new structure 'Climate Plan 2030' with associated clusters
In practice, most cities and municipalities are not organised according to the typical SECAP sectors (households, tertiary,...), but have their own classification. Therefore, first build a new structure 'Climate Plan' in FutureproofedCities, where you can use your own layout. Learn here how to do this. (Note: only Admins can build new structures)
Example Structure: Climate Plan 2030
- Cluster: Renovation 2030
- Cluster: Renewable energy 2030
- Cluster: Economy 2030
- Cluster: Mobility 2030
- Cluster: Green 2030
- Cluster: Water 2030
2. Add measures and actions from your climate plan
- New measures and actions:
You can pick new measures from our list or add them yourself (if they are not in our list). You can also find inspiration for actions in our list or add them yourself. Don't forget to link your actions to your measures (via related measures) 😉.
- Existing measures:
In order to extend your existing measures in your current climate plan, we recommend that you first note your previous target in internal notes*. Once you have done this, you can simply overwrite your previous target with your new one.
An alternative method could be to duplicate your measures (via the ••• in the overview of measures), but we do not recommend this. Here's why just updating the target in your existing measures is better:
- In the end, you have far fewer measures (no 'duplicate' measures).
- You keep the evolution, progress, actions, history... So you don't start from scratch.
- If they are our standard measures, you will have access to the latest up-to-date data.
*Why keep track in internal notes? Once you overwrite the current target of a measure, you lose the previous one. Our developers are working hard on a solution to make sure that you don't have to do this manually anymore. Keep you posted! 😉
Tip: add "2030" or "New" in the subtitle of your measure, so you can immediately see which are your old and which are your new measures. ✍️
3. Add your new measures to your chosen clusters
Via "Manage structures" you can assign measures to the different clusters per structure. Just tick it and you're done! Super easy, isn't it? 😁
When you're done with all this, your plan is in FutureproofedCities! 👍 Well done. From now on you can:
- Filter on this climate plan via the filter 'All structures' in the overview of measures
- Report via PDF and Excel about the measures and actions
- Gain insights into the measures via Analysis
Will you let us know if this works for you? We will be happy to help you where necessary 😊